Bank Zachodni WBK – Corporate Social Responsibility Report 2016
Read, click and help with Bank Zachodni WBK
- Click the objects on the map.
- Answer the questions.
- Score points for correct answers.
- Learn more about the project by clicking on the button ‘Who we help’.
The campaign went on from August 3, 2017 to August 22, 2017. Thanks to the collected points we will carry out a project to support the Karkonosze Hope Association, under which selected childcare facilities will be renovated.
We have completed the stage
of collecting points in order to support a common project.
Thanks to your engagement, we have collected 100,000 points points over the period of 20 days, thanks to which we will be able to help the Karkonosze Hope Association which supports disadvantaged children and families. We still encourage you to continue to play the game in order to get to know more about the social initiatives and projects of Bank Zachodni WBK.
Turn the device to a horizontal position to see our game.
Discover how our activities change the world for the better.
- Stage 1: Painting - not completed
- Stage 2: Flooring - not completed
- Stage 3: Furnishing - not completed
Collected score: -
Your score: -
Who we help , learn
- We published the results of the ”Generations On Finance” survey carried out at the request of Bank Zachodni WBK by 4P Research Mix which demonstrate that generations X and Y look for financial information mainly on the Internet. The youngest respondents (generation Z) ask their colleagues, friends and family members for advice in the first place, while Baby Boomers (persons born between 1946 and 1964) rely on the television and radio as the source of information about finance.
- In partnership with Kuba Giermaziak, a racing driver, we launched a campaign called ”The Way You Drive”. Its main purpose is to increase the knowledge of traffic rules and promoting responsible attitudes and behaviours, especially among young drivers.
- Bank Zachodni WBK joined the ”Family 500+” programme offering its customers an opportunity to file an online application for the benefit. The Letter of Intent regarding the partnership agreement was signed in the presence of the Prime Minister Beata Szydło, Minister of the Family, Labour and Social Policy Elżbieta Rafalska and Minister of Digitalisation Anna Streżyńska.
- The winners of the 12th edition of the BZ WBK Press Photo contest were announced. Altogether, 156 photographs taken by 33 Polish press photographers.
- Bank Zachodni WBK became a sponsor of the Polish concert tour of Hans Zimmer, a German film score composer.
- In May we launched our corporate wellness programme called the Health Bank. The programme is based on a holistic approach to health and its goal is to promote healthy lifestyle and work-life balance among our employees. In cooperation with our partners we carry out educational and motivational activities, support bottom-up initiatives and organise health awareness campaigns.
- We adopted the Sustainability Policy of Bank Zachodni WBK. Its main goal is to manage the social and environmental risk and build long-term value for all our stakeholders.
- Our mobile banking platform was considered the best in Poland by the international research and consulting company Forrester Research.
- Bank Zachodni WBK offered its customers access to Santander Trade Network. The international platform makes it possible for companies operating internationally to find proven business partners in other countries and use their services on preferential terms.
- In August the volunteers from Bank Zachodni WBK took part in the collection of school supplies for children from orphanages, foster families and special educational institutions. Thanks to the ‘Back To School’ campaign 240 children received school starter kits.
- In September, channel 1 of the Polish Television started broadcasting the second season of the “Business Evolutions” programme for small and medium-sized companies produced in partnership with Bank Zachodni WBK. The goal of the project is to assist small business owners in running their companies.
- In Poznań, the Digital Lab was opened. It is a specialist multimedia centre in which we develop and present our multi-channel services.
- As one of the mobile banking leaders in Poland we promote advanced banking solutions. Our employees beat Poland’s record by making the highest number of money transfers to a telephone number at the same time.
- Our CSR report for 2015 was recognised by the Internet users and journalists in the Competition for the Best Corporate Social Responsibility Report. It was the only awarded report representing the financial services sector.
- Santander Universidades Relationship Centres were opened at five Polish universities to give us an opportunity to participate directly in the academic life of the institutions.
- The Santander Orchestra’s album was released.
- Our Barrier-free Service project won the silver medal in the Polish Project Excellence Awards which recognises best managed projects.
- For the fifth consecutive year we have qualified to the RESPECT Index listing WSE companies managed in a responsible and sustainable way.
- We launched finansiaki.pl website which provides support to the parents and teachers of children aged 3 to 13.
- The BZ WBK Ambassadors programme was initiated. Its goal is to involve students in the execution of the bank’s projects.